13 moons – Sacred journey through Menopause
About the course
Thirteen Moons is an experiential life-changing journey held over 13 lunar cycles taking you through a rite of passage onto the throne of your Autumn Queen.
It is a held and guided journey for any woman interested in exploring her menopause as the conscious gateway into her spiritual awakening as woman. It is for women who are interested in exploring menopause as a time that brings so much more that a set of physical symptoms to try to get rid of, or as emotional and mental upheaval to endure. It is for women who long to step into deeper personal empowerment.
It is suitable for any woman who is at any stage of the menopause journey – whether approaching its gateway or coming to the end of its journey. If you are not sure where you are on this journey, please email us and I can send you a short questionnaire that will help you to clarify.
Do you hear the call ?
There is no ‘right’ time to take your 13 moons, each women will hear the call in her own way. The call is there though we may not recognise it, as we may be fighting it to try to stay in the old familiar ways. Here are some signs that you may be ready…
- You want to walk out of your life
- You want to leave your job/career
- You are no longer interested in the things you once were
- You don’t want to be a full-time mother anymore
- You are sick of trying to meet everyone’s needs
- There is a deep exhaustion in you
- You have started to ask yourself what YOU actually want
- You want to leave a long term relationship
- You have gone off sex
- Your want to be in your own company more than before
- You want everyone to just ‘F off’!
- You are questioning what life is really about at a deep level
- You feel disillusioned about ‘God’
- You fantasise about plastic surgery to recoup your youth
- None of your clothes feel right anymore
My personal menopause story – how I came to offer this course
In August 2015 at my 50th birthday party I had a total physical and spiritual breakdown, which culminated in me ending up in hospital. This was a massive wake up call in realising that as I was journeying through menopause I simply could not continue at the pace I had been going all my life. That the way I was living was unsustainable, I was not recognising that my body, mind and soul where changing.
To cut a long story short, one day when I was gazing out at a favourite beech tree of mine, I was told in no uncertain terms by her that if I didn’t change my ways my life was going to continue to crash and burn. This is the teacher of menopause, it is fierce love and a strong mirror of what cannot continue. Because menopause is a spiritual and bodily rite of passage and lays the ground for the second half of our lives, whatever happens at this time will impact how the rest of this cycle unfolds. The tree told me I needed to take 13 moons (a little more than a year) out of my life and go inside and listen, to really do the inner work I needed to do.
I argued hard with that tree – clearly it did not understand my life, that I ran a huge project, I needed money to live on, plus a lot of people who depend on me, etc. The list went on as I shouted at the tree even though I knew the truth of what was being shown to me.
What came back was the turning point in it all – if you DON’T make this change your life is over anyway – so it was clear, I had to risk it all, my survival, everything. I had to surrender and risk being broke, homeless and with no purpose.
Surrender is a powerful thing and I knew it was about to be my teacher for the next 13 moons. I had to trust that somehow life would take care of me, that I would somehow be fed and pay the bills and even if I could not, at least I would still be alive. I put a caravan in the woods and made a fire there and a nest to sink into. I spend time over this 13 moon passage to just go in and ask the questions about my life, about it all, about god, about the world. I was shown many many things that feel edgy to bring but I have returned with a basket full of harvested experiences and wisdom and some powerful potent insight as to how we need to embrace this time as a sacred rite of passage into something wildly beautiful, erotic, alive and wise and how it is one of the main pillars of the threshold on which humanity finds itself, and what menopausal women need to be doing and being, especially around sexuality which is at the centre of it all.
I would love to share this with you, I am bursting with the wisdom gathered from my own rite of passage, that just feels so exciting and empowering. I want you to know about it so we can change the whole paradigm around menopause and reclaim it as this sacred rite of passage. And sit on the throne of the Autumn Queen where she belongs.
I believe passionately that taking 13 moons to journey consciously this way through menopause is essential for women and I have pioneered this and now bring it to you. I was blessed to have a close circle of sisters who supported me on my journey but I took the journey alone. All the way through I felt strongly that the key missing piece was a circle of menopausal sisters who where on the same exploration as me.
The course has been slowly revealing itself to me since my own 13 moons journey and is now ready to be birthed and offered. I do hope you feel the cal as I believe that it is menopausal women who have the wisdom, power and experience to make real change in the worlds.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
Each women needs top find her way of taking this journey that she feels is workable for her. Mine was quite extreme because I needed it to be, yours does not need to be the same as mine. You may still continue to live your life as you do and simply make changes within it, enrich your inner life and do thew work while balancing this with your work life and family life You may also choose to do as I did and take a complete step out from your life, or something in between. There is no right or wrong way to do it.
But what is here is support, so that you can explore it and make it what it needs to be for you.
There are 4 stages to this rite of passage.
- Separation – accepting death of the old ways
- Surrender – letting go of control, entering the void
- Visioning – what wants to be born in you
- Rebirth – coming back to life in a new way
This journey is for you if you want to:
- Feel powerful and beautiful inside and radiate this beauty into the world
- Feel naturally sexy and flow with deep mature sexual energy
- Manifest a lover or relationship with someone who can meet you in this new power
- Be at the centre of your own life living how you want to
- Love the work that you do
- Feel confident to speak your truth when needed
- Know how to take care of your own needs and have clear boundaries
- Feel fearless to express yourself exactly as you want
- Find deep spiritual meaning in life
- Become a wise elder that people look up to
- Grown old gracefully and discafully
- Know yourself and love yourself at a deep level
- Be an incredible force for change in the world
We will meet 13 times over the period of 13 lunar cycles. In between our meetings we will be journeying and practising what we have discovered during our meet times the entire time is the work, not just when we meet. Once the ovulation to menstruation cycle ceases in us we naturally come into deeper rhythmic balance with the lunar cycle so we will ask Sister Moon to help us in this way.
The course will include 13 lunar meetings. 4 will be fully residential retreats at EarthHeart and 9 will be virtual evening gatherings via a shared video platform. It is a requirement to attend all the residential modules and as many of the online gatherings as you can. Below is the flow of dates.
- Residential retreats begin at 1pm on the first day and ends at 4.30pm on the last day.
- Virtual gatherings are 7-10pm on Tuesdays .
- 5-8 Sept 2019 – residential at EarthHeart – Separation
- 1 Oct – virtual gathering
- 5 Nov – virtual gathering
- 3 Dec – virtual gathering
- 23-26 Jan 2020 – residential at EarthHeart – Surrender
- 25 Feb – virtual gathering
- 24 Mar – virtual gathering
- 21 April -virtual gathering
- 19 May – virtual gathering
- 11-14 June 2020- fully residential at EarthHeart – Visioning
- 7 July – virtual gathering
- 4 August – virtual gathering
- 23-27 Sept 2020 – fully residential at EarthHeart – Rebirth
Is this for me ?
This course is offered to each woman who wants to explore consciously working with the menopause as a sacred rite of passage into her power. It is offered as a result of my own experience of taking a 13 moon conscious menopause journey in 2015. From that journey came a clear vision about offering this to the world of menopausal women.
What happens at the beginning of any cycle affect how that cycle plays out. For example how we are born has an impact on our whole lives; how we experienced Menarche (first bleed) affects our relationship to our menstrual cycle for the rest of years of bleeding.
In this same way how we transition through menopause will affect how the second half of our lives plays out. The Chinese call menopause the second spring.
Menopause mirrors the premenstrual phase of the monthly bleed cycle and in that way what needs tending to will rise to the surface to be looked at, so that you do not drag it all like a burden into the second half of your life. It will often reveal to you wounds from your past that are still unresolved and sitting in the shadow. Specifically, wounds around our sexuality come up – as this is the time in our lives where our sexuality evolves into a holy space so if there is anything in our system that is holding us back from this then the wisdom of menopause will shine a light on it .
The power of this journey is that you will not be taking this rite of passage alone, you will be taking it with a circle of sisters who are on the same track as you. This is revolutionary in our modern culture. And this has not been done for hundreds of years, of not thousands. It is the most potent way we can face the challenges and also open to being supported, to really listen to what is being called forth in us and having the courage to step into it, having a circle of sisters around us to keep us going is key.
A circle of women who totally get the issue of how to juggle all this, along with family and partner and work and so on. This circle of sisters will get it, offering the empathy so many of us hunger for, and the support to trust your own inner compass at this time and perhaps even make some really tough and difficult choices.